late 12th century-1886
Collection relating mainly to Monmouthshire, including transcripts from public and private records, historical notes, pedigrees, correspondence and some original charters and other documents, compiled by the Monmouthshire antiquary, Thomas Wakeman (c. 1788-1868), with some additions by Octavius Morgan, FSA (1803-88); late 12th century-1886. Latin, English and Welsh. See the obituary of Wakeman, JBAA, 25 (1869), 315. For further details of the collection see the typescript, by W. John Collett, Borough Librarian, Newport, and excerpt from the Proc. of the Monm. and Caerleon Ant. Assoc. (1893), 7-9, kept with the collection. Several volumes by Thomas Wakeman and Octavius Morgan, relating to the present collection, were published by the Association.
Wakeman, Thomas (1788-1868), Monmouthshire antiquary
The collection passed to Octavius Morgan and was presented to SA by his nephew, Henry Salusbury Milman, Director SA, 16 Apr.1891. Proc., 2nd ser., 13 (1889-91), 300.
- WAK/001 - Transcripts, etc.
- WAK/002 - Notes on the Morgan pedigree
- WAK/003 - Notebooks
- WAK/004 - Notes of the Cambrian Archaeological Association conference at Chepstow
- WAK/005 - Notebooks
- WAK/006 - Loose papers
- WAK/007 - Miscellaneous, mostly conc. Monmouthshire
- WAK/008 - Transcripts
- WAK/010-012 - Monmouthshire Pedigrees, compiled by Thomas Wakeman.
- WAK/013 - Extracts relating to Monmouthshire
- WAK/014 - Notes and extracts
- WAK/015 - 'Records relating to the Lordship of Abergavenny..'. Vol. I.
- WAK/016 - Genealogical records relating to the descendants of Llewellin ap Ivor of Tredegar and Angharad
- WAK/017 - 'Lordship of Abergavenny'
- WAK/018-019 - Pedigrees of Monmouthshire families
- WAK/020 - Index to pedigrees
- WAK/021 - Pedigree of Charles Henry Compton Roberts
- WAK/022 - 'Achau Saint o Went'
- WAK/023 - Histories of Monmouth, Chepstow and other castles, Roman roads, etc., by Thomas Wakeman
- WAK/024 - Miscellaneous
- WAK/025 - 'Illustrations of Ancient Law Hands copied by Thomas Pryer ...'
- WAK/026-032 - Histories of the seven hundreds of Monmouthshire
- WAK/033 - Miscellaneous excerpts from court rolls
- WAK/034 - Transcripts from Land Revenue records
- WAK/035 - Letters, notebooks, earlier papers, printed material, and miscellaneous notes
- WAK/036 - Transcripts
- WAK/037 - Abstracts
- WAK/038 - Morgan of Tredegar
- WAK/041 - Letters, notebooks, miscellaneous transcripts and notes
- WAK/042 - Transcripts
- WAK/043 - Miscellaneous
- WAK/044 - Miscellaneous
- WAK/045 - Genealogical notes, pedigrees, letters, etc.
- WAK/046 - Miscellaneous
- WAK/047 - Twenty-five charters relating to Monmouthshire and Glamorgan
- WAK/048 - Charters and Deeds
- WAK/049 - Miscellaneous Papers
- WAK/050 - Manorial and other papers